Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Food Inc. = a new vegetarian

Friend, not food!
Hi animal lovers!

So I recently decided it was time for me to watch the farm factory documentary Food Inc.  This was a big step for me because I knew exactly what would happen once I had.  As I was doing research for this blog I quickly began to realize I was filling the role of a "poser" animal activist.  I was still eating them.  Now, let me backtrack a little.  I have always loved animals.  A lot.  I have never been a huge meat eater, but was raised in the hopes that I would grow up to be one. My parents love red meat, and cook it about three times a week.  When I was younger I complained so much, until eventually I realized I wouldn't win the battle.  I sucuumed to roast beef, and roast pork, and back ribs and steak, from filet mignons to New York striploins! However, I began to realize I don't even enjoy it that much.  Now I'm not going to lie, I doooo love chicken...and the odd steak. But that was about to change.  Now this is a decision I had been thinking about for awhile.  So I went out and I rented Food Inc. by myself.  I sat there and watched it in horror... by myself.  I was absolutely disgusted!  I didn't end up watching the whole thing because it wasn't neccessary.  I realized the time had come to act on my values.  That was it...the last day I ate meat... it will be a month ago tomorrow, and needless to say I am very happy with my decision.  I haven't missed meat and I will save approximately 100 chickens a year.  I can live a more peaceful life knowing that innocent animals are not dying for my plate.
Check out the official website for Food Inc. here.  You can help by promoting healthy lunches for children by clicking here.

Voila!   My new fave vegetarian recipes to come...

Victoria xo.

Oh and watch the trailer....


No comments:

Post a Comment